PROFESSIONAL BACKGROUND OF RENE T. DOMINGO
• International consultant, author, and professor in the fields of operation management and operational excellence, service operations and quality, lean management, total quality management (TQM), six-sigma, continuous improvement (Kaizen), business process reengineering, 5S, total productive maintenance (TPM), hospital management and patient safety
• Industrial engineer, with more than 30 years of consulting and training experience covering manufacturing, construction, mining, petro-chemicals, health care, airline maintenance, banking, and advertising in the Asia-Pacific region.
• Industrial engineer, Japan-educated in management engineering, with intensive hands-on training and experience in the Toyota Production System in Japan
• Core faculty in operations management at the Asian Institute of Management, Asia’s premier graduate school of business
• Author of “Quality Means Survival”, a guide on total quality management published by Prentice-Hall, “It’s the Customer - Your Real Boss”, a book on world class banking services, “Turnaround Management - Best Practices from the Indonesian Experience” (co-author), and “What is a World Class Factory”, a definitive article on world class manufacturing, and
• Served as technical consultant of the World Health Organization on hospital management.